How is the Heel Pain Doctor different?
We don’t treat your heel pain like everyone else’s!
We will look at options you haven’t come across before!
We won’t rush you through because we have a patient’s toenails to cut
Our team will then undertake a detailed
- Footwear assessment
- Initial Gait Assessment (walk assessment)
- Discuss past treatment success and failure
- Properly assess the soft tissue of your foot to establish exactly what going on (a proper diagnosis)
- Review and order any Ultrasounds and MRI’s as and if necessary
Once we have established this we can establish the cause of your pain.
While Plantar fasciitis may be causing pain, it may well be one of a number of other conditions.
- Nerve pain and entrapment
- Abductor Hallucis Tendonopathy
- Fatty Pad Syndrome
- True Plantar fasciitis
- Posterior Tibialis Irritation
- Severs Disease
- Plantar Fasciosis -degeneration NOT inflammation
- Achilles Tendonosis -degeneration NOT inflammation
Once our team spend time diagnosing the true cause of the pain we can work with you on developing an individual treatment plan.
Still in Pain? Not convinced you've got the right diagnosis?
How is our treatment different?
Heel pain Sydney have become the leaders in the field of Heel pain care, using innovative treatments.
Firstly, we provide upfront “warts and all” advice!
You will have all aspects of your problem addressed from shoes to how you walk!
Your treatment plan will include;
- Footwear recommendations and modifications
- Potential Foot and postural realignment
- Orthotic therapy- soft pliable devices (NOT RIGID HARD DEVICES)
- Soft Tissue therapy
- Shockwave therapy
- Use of therapeutic injections
- Strengthening and stretching programs as required
- Activity modification
As leaders in the field of Plantar heel pain “Heel Pain Sydney” introduced shockwave therapy their clinics over 5 years ago. Making them the leading team in this exciting new therapy.
Shock wave therapy has become the treatment of choice for those looking for time effective treatment of long term heel pain. Recommended by sports physicians + orthopaedic surgeon, this new therapy introduced originally for elite sporting teams is now available to all patients.
How can Shockwave help?
- Helps Heal damaged tissue - Shockwaves have been shown to stimulate fibroblasts, which are the cells responsible for the healing of connective tissues such as tendon, ligaments, and fascia!
- Stimulates healing -The therapy has been shown to stimulate cells in the body known as osteoblasts. These bone cells, are responsible for bone healing and new bone production
- Diminishes Pain in short term - Many patients report the therapy initially diminishes pain a result of “hyper stimulation anaesthesia”. The nerves sending signals of pain to the brain are stimulated so much that their activity diminishes, thereby decreasing or eliminating pain. This effect is commonly short lived in most patients.
- Long term pain reduction - Reduces pain over longer periods of time through the stimulation of what is known as the "gate-control" mechanism, where nerves can be stimulated to "close the gate" to pain messages sent to the brain.
- Blood Flow Change – Normal blood flow is critical to the healing process, and shockwaves create a revascularization effect. The stimulus of the shockwaves redirects new blood flow into the affected area which improves soft tissue healing and regeneration.
Like to know more about SHOCKWAVE? Head to our founder clinics web page to learn more.
Tried stretching, taping and still no success?
Find out about new treatment options
Soft pliable orthotics
That’s right SOFT orthotics! So, your heel and/or arch is really sore but you’ve been given REALLY HARD rigid orthotics? You’re actually now more uncomfortable than you possibly were before! It doesn’t make sense to you and it DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO US either!
How are our orthotics different?
- All our orthotics are SOFT and pliable – support + cushioning
- We use the latest computerised equipment
- 3D laser scanning of your foot – Not old fashioned plaster
- Detailed Joint + Muscle + Range of motion assessment
- Video walk and run assessment – Using computerised Analysis Software
From here we send them to our own “In house Laboratory", where our Head Podiatrist Dr Brenden Brown designs all the devices using Computer aided design.
- All devices are computer milled with incredible laser accuracy
- Devices modelled on your own 3D foot model, accurate to .6 of a millimetre
- Hand finished to ensure highest quality finish – by experienced technicians
- Custom fitted to your footwear
- Orthotics can move between shoes
Ask yourself how reliable can the “fit” of a custom made orthotic be if its sent in the mail? It should be fitted to your shoes!
Soft tissue Therapy
What many Podiatrists won’t tell you is that while orthotics may go some of the way to getting you better. 50% of people will need some form of soft tissue rehabilitation. It makes sense if you think about it. If the tissue is damaged without rehabilitating it your unlikely to get better.
Stretching is NOT enough to rehabilitate tissue for most people.
Our team will discuss with you the use of Deep tissue therapies to return the tissue to the function it once had! We will then establish where we need to return your tissues strength using strength exercises you will complete with our team and then at home.
We may also discuss Dry Needling, and other soft tissue therapies designed to get you back “on your feet”!